“…the studios want me to be in Terminator 5 and to star AS the Terminator, which we start shooting in January…” (Source)
They’re doing it. T5 is actually happening—which begs the question: How will the film’s producers go about acknowledging (or denying) the 30 years of steady aging Arnold Schwarzenegger has done since the first film? Here are a few ideas:
- Industrial Light & (Face) Magic. Lots of it.
- Full beard and sunglasses welded to Arnold’s face at all times.
- 7-layer dip in lieu of traditional face makeup.
- All Arnold’s closeups shot from a minimum distance of 50 feet.
- Kevin Smith-grade overcoat (must meet or exceed federal guidelines).
- Octogenarian in the shot with Arnold at all times, so as to make him appear youthful by comparison.
- All walking scenes shot upside down to minimize disturbance of neck wattle.
- Climbing scenes – Arnold starts at the top and works his way down; shot is reversed in post.
- Running scenes – Footage recycled seamlessly from the airport scene in The Running Man.
- Start rumor that Brent Spiner is reprising his role as Data in the next Star Trek; use as smokescreen.