(Via Pigs in Maputo.)
I’m not Chinese, but I am Geek, and Geeks are just as over-romanticized. Some things people ask because you’re Geek:
- Do those glasses hurt your nose?
- You’re a writer—can you do my term paper for me?
- Can you fix my computer?
- Can you install Windows 7 on my uncle’s twelve-year-old Gateway?
- I dropped my camera into a pot of boiling water while having makeup sex with my boyfriend—can you fix the zoom lens?
- You look like you know the Pythagorean theorem. Can you fix my computer?
- Do you watch The Big Bang Theory?
- Do you prefer Lean Pockets or the regular kind?
(It should be noted that all of the tech-related questions are almost always preceded by, “I can’t pay you, but…” Or followed with, “…for free?”)
What are some things people ask YOU?